Okay, so I’ve totally missed the Halloween boat but I only whipped this up last night. My friend Max threw a pre-wedding meet and greet dinner and, as it was Halloween, she asked that we come dressed with ‘a touch of scary’ but we all know I don’t do shizz by halves. Thus, I give unto thee my super quick zombie make-up look.
How’d I pull it off? Easy peasy:
- As I don’t own a super pale foundation, I crushed a white eye shadow and mixed it up with my daily moisturiser and smeared it all over my face. Presto pallor!
- I smeared concealer over my brows to tone them down.
- To create the dark, scary eyes, I applied black eye shadow around my entire eye area. I then smeared red lippie in the inner rims of each eye to make them look raw and blood shot. Obviously I didn’t bother with mascara ‘cos zombie’s aren’t supposed to be pretty.
- For my lips, I primed them with concealer and then applied black shadow to them using my fingers and blending messily. I then smeared a little red lippie in the centre and blended outwards to add dimension.
- Last but not least, I mixed up a bottle of red and black nail polish to create a blood-like hue and literally poured it into my palms and rubbed them together. (Suuuuch a fantastic mess and you have no idea how scary it looked. In fact, I think my hands were the scariest element of all but, like a moron, I accidentally deleted the only pic of them I had.) I then touched my face, neck and clothes with my bloody mitts to create a bit of organic looking horror and wiped the remainder off on my clothes which I’d slashed at with a kitchen scissors. (That took all of ten seconds and was super fun.)
- As a piece d’resistance, I used the nail polish brush to shove a bunch of polish up my nose (stung like a bitch!) and let it run out across my skin. I also painted three of my teeth with ‘blood’ (again, I deleted this shot too. Clearly zombie’s aren’t very smart) and just like that I was good to go. Zombie awesomeness in less than ten minute flat.
You like? And did you guys do anything to celebrate Halloween? I really like how ‘big’ the holiday’s gotten in Cape Town.