Rascals sweets are coming back to South Africa!

10 Jul

Squish! Squash! A bubbly boom; the Rascals make the fruitiest chews. The flavour never stops – oh no – with the Rascals’ fruity pops!

Yip, it’s official; Rascals are back on the shelves!

‘Scuse the teensy pic, it’s all I could rip off the net.

They’ve also got a Facebook page, website and twitter account and swear that nothing’s changed; they’re still the exact same sweets you know and love.

There’s only one way to find out so if you’ve spotted the new Rascals out and about please tell me where you found them. Also, if you tasted them, fill us in on whether they’re still the same ‘fruitiest chews’ we grew up with in the 80s. (I was always mad about the lime-flavoured green ones and can almost taste them as I type…

Love, love

Leigh

About these ads

20 Responses to “Rascals sweets are coming back to South Africa!”

1. Varsha July 10, 2012 at 1:37 pm #

they had better taste the same!!!

• leighvdb July 10, 2012 at 1:41 pm #

They’re going on and on about how they ‘promise they taste the same’ so I bloody hope so. If not, it could backfire for them big time ‘cos everyone’s now got great expectations.

2. Elizma July 10, 2012 at 1:48 pm #

OMW!!!! My favourite sweet BACK!!!!

3. Matt July 10, 2012 at 1:54 pm #

Don’t worry Leigh, I shall uncover the truth!

• leighvdb July 10, 2012 at 3:52 pm #

If you find them before I do, please let me know when I can get then. Walked the mall in Stellies flat but they’re nowhere to be seen just yet.

4. Dani July 10, 2012 at 3:26 pm #

Yummmmmmmy I can not wait!!!

5. Busisiwe July 10, 2012 at 3:35 pm #

My favourite from my childhood days..they’ve been gone so long I forgot they even existed. So excited, can’t wait to see them in stores

6. Ryan July 11, 2012 at 3:17 pm #

who is the distributor for Rascals here in SA? I have a fantastic marketing idea…ryan@primall.co.za

• leighvdb July 11, 2012 at 3:50 pm #

No clue. They’re now being made by Mr Sweet, that’s all I know.

7. chantelle bester (@not_a_poppie) July 11, 2012 at 3:27 pm #

I’ll save you all my green ones if I can have your purple ones?

• leighvdb July 11, 2012 at 3:48 pm #

I hate the purple ones; you got a deal!

8. Roleen Nel July 17, 2012 at 4:56 pm #

List of distributers…

9. beautyandfragranceaddict July 18, 2012 at 1:51 pm #

OMG… Leigh, this taste NOTHING like the original! One bite of the green and you will be disappointed… that fruity lime taste that i used to love – its not there. its just bland.
    But maybe not everyone will feel the same way

• leighvdb July 18, 2012 at 9:21 pm #

Nooo! So sad to hear that. Going to find a packet and give them a bash ASAP but you’re not the first person to say that they’re disappointed. ;-(

10. Anne July 21, 2012 at 12:49 pm #

They don’t taste near the same!! As much as I hated them, there is no watermelon flavour!! They just like m&m’s! I remember them being chewy but softer in the middle than they are! And they were round.

• leighvdb July 21, 2012 at 6:13 pm #

I’m only hearing negative comments now. Several people have said they’re kinda like a poor man’s Skittles. Vok. So far I’ve only found the ‘sour’ ones which were rather nice but obviously I wasn’t comparing them to something else.

11. Hennelie July 26, 2012 at 11:53 am #

They are definitely not the same! VERY disappointing :( Not even the same shape! This does not bring back the good childhood memories I have of the purple Rascals Man…I hope the original will come back!

• leighvdb July 26, 2012 at 1:02 pm #

Ja, I’m with you. They’re not the light, fluffy chewy balls they used to be. They’re more ‘dense’ and remind me too much of mini Skittles.

12. Lucia Miguel August 3, 2012 at 9:33 pm #

Hey hey, yes that’s true.

We just received our stock this week.

Come to Makro Germiston/Edenvale, we have tons of stock, and 3 different variants.

Call 011372-0400 for more info, or go on our website http://www.makro.co.za.

EnjoY it

Wanna comment?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 480 other followers